* NEW as of 2019! LUNCH is provided for campers and Junior Counselors. However, we are sorry that we will no longer be able to offer gluten-free, vegan or vegetarian options. Lunch served will typically be a meat option with sides (chips or fruit). Those with special dietary needs or requirements should pack their own (non-refrigerated) lunch accordingly.
(Camp Counselors will be required to bring their lunch like last year.)
When you pack your bag for the day, please be sure to bring:
* A water bottle with your name on it (we provide water)
* A Riding helmet that fits you well *See article below*
* Riding breeches or long jeans for horseback riding
* Shorts or capris for art, theatre and pottery
* Sturdy shoes or boots for riding and sandals, etc. for art, theatre and pottery. Of course you can wear the same shoes all day as long as they are safe for horseback riding and you are comfortable.
* So you don't lose anything, please be sure to clearly write your name on everything with a permanent marker
*Bring a great attitude and be ready to sing and have fun!
A NOTE ON HELMETS
Helmets are required for riding horses at HNGF. Which kind you choose is a personal choice. Below is a helpful and informative article and some ideas of where to buy:
You can purchase new helmets at
Jacksons' Western Store in Asheville, NC. https://www.jacksonswesternstore.com/
You can also purchase new or used riding helmets on consignment at
Windsong Tack in Marion, NC https://www.facebook.com/pages/Windsong-Farm-Tack-LLC/463608220399076
FarmHouse Tack in Tryon, NChttp://www.farmhousetack.com/
These are just 3 options. There are MANY others in the WNC/upstate SC area. Just do an internet search for "horse tack" in your area.
HICKORY NUT GAP FARM