HICKORY NUT GAP FARM
* Camp is back for 2021! Due to CDC Guidelines, camp will be a little different again this year. No lunch will be provided. Each Camper, Junior Counselor and Camp Counselor are required to pack & wear a face mask and bring their own, non-perishable lunch and water bottle.
When you pack your bag for the day, please be sure to bring:
* A comfortable face mask that you can wear all day. (It's probably a good idea to put an extra one in your bag)
* A water bottle with your name on it (you can refill at camp)
* A Riding helmet that fits you well *See article below*
* Riding breeches or long jeans for horseback riding
* Sturdy shoes or boots for riding
* So you don't lose anything, please be sure to clearly write your name on everything with a permanent marker
*Bring a great attitude and be ready to have fun!
A NOTE ON HELMETS
Helmets are required for riding horses at HNGF. Which kind you choose is a personal choice. Below is a helpful and informative article and some ideas of where to buy:
You can purchase new helmets at
Jacksons' Western Store in Asheville, NC. https://www.jacksonswesternstore.com/
You can also purchase new or used riding helmets on consignment at
Windsong Tack in Marion, NC https://www.facebook.com/pages/Windsong-Farm-Tack-LLC/463608220399076
FarmHouse Tack in Tryon, NChttp://www.farmhousetack.com/
These are just 3 options. There are MANY others in the WNC/upstate SC area. Just do an internet search for "horse tack" in your area.